Things to look for when hiring a newborn Photographer.
You have a special occasion coming up, the birth of your new little one and you are looking to hire a professional photographer to capture your new family.
When hiring a photographer, you’re hiring an artist to create something beautiful for you. Images that are meant to capture the special moments of your family – it is an art! Every photographer will photograph your session differently, based on their skill, their experience, their style and training. But let's talk about safety for your special little one.
Here are 9 things to look for when hiring a Newborn Photographer.
BEFORE You Hire a Newborn Photographer
Here are some questions I recommend asking when shopping around for a newborn photographer.
1. How many newborns have you photographed?
2. Have you received any newborn specific posing training and with whom did you train?
3. What are the safety practices you have in place in your studio specifically geared towards the newborn client?
4. Will my newborn be supported by human hands in all upright positions as well as any poses requiring suspension?
5. Do you work with an assistant or provide spotters at your newborn sessions? If not, will you allow me to spot my baby during a session?
6. What will happen in the case of illness, your own or otherwise?
7. Are you currently up to date on the necessary vaccines needed when working with a pregnant or newborn population?
8. Can you point me towards online resources from which I can learn about safe practices when photographing newborns?
9. Are you a member of an organization or association directly servicing newborn photographers and their educational needs?